Logitech New Zealand has just unveiled a brand new racing wheel, the G923 and even Fernando Alonso looks impressed.
Logitech G, a brand of Logitech and leading innovator of gaming technologies and gear, today unveiled the Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals, a high-performance racing wheel that revolutionises the sim racing experience. Engineered for maximum realism, G923 features TRUEFORCE a new high-definition force feedback system that dials into a game’s physics and audio engine to deliver an ultra-realistic experience.
TRUEFORCE is a proprietary high definition force feedback technology that revolutionises what’s possible in racing games. Using actual game physics and audio in real time, it allows players to feel things like the roar of an engine, tire traction, the terrain of the track, and feedback of the steering wheel more than ever before. TRUEFORCE connects directly to in-game engines, processing at up to 4000 times per second to produce next-gen realism and detail in supported games.
- TRUEFORCE High Definition Force Feedback: Next-generation TRUEFORCE delivers more accurate, detailed feedback for a more realistic and immersive racing experience in supported games. TRUEFORCE connects directly to in-game engines, processing internally at 4000 times per second to produce next-gen realism and detail in supported games.
- Dual Clutch Launch Controls: This programmable clutch simulates real race car launch assist in supported games.
- Design Crafted for Racing: The classic design is modernized with brushed metal wheel, polished pedals, and leather wheel cover with a new racing stitch pattern. Featuring premium materials that deliver maximum comfort while enhancing the racing experience.
- Race Control: 24-point selector, RPM LEDs, integrated Xbox One and PC game controls.
- Progressive Brake Control: For more control and realism, the brake pedal features a progressive spring for a more responsive feel. For even control, reposition the pedal faces to make heel-toe manoeuvres easier to perform.
It’s not just Alonso that’s impressed. “A great force-feedback racing wheel can be the difference between crossing the finish line first and spinning off the track and not finishing at all” said McLaren F1 driver Lando Norris. “The new Logitech G923 wheel with TRUEFORCE gives drivers an authentic experience behind the wheel and simulates the details we feel as racing drivers. I can feel if the rear of the car loses grip or if I’m about to spin, which gives me the best chance to quickly correct it, and stay ahead of the competition.”
The Logitech G923 is pegged to be available in New Zealand towards the end of August for an RRP of $849.90. We hope to be giving it a thorough test before then!